This page contains the general Terms & Conditions that we use for each auction. Some auctions may have changes to these Terms & Conditions, be sure to review all auction's individual terms before bidding.
Terms & Conditions
Intro: The following terms govern the relationship between GoBidToday.com, herein after referred to as Auctioneer or Auction Company, and you, herein after referred to as Bidder. These terms and conditions are legally binding. These terms may be amended up until the time of the auction closing.
- Bidder will register with correct and complete information. Auctioneer is not responsible for any issues arising from incomplete or incorrect information provided by the Bidder, e.g. notifications from the Auctioneer about changes to the auction.
- Bidder is not required to provide a credit card to bid with Auctioneer.
- Any bids placed by the Bidder cannot be rescinded for any reason.
- Bidder is responsible to ensure that the bid being placed is accurate. If Bidder makes an error placing his or her bid, Bidder is responsible to contact Auctioneer as soon as possible. Auctioneer’s only remedy is to reduce Bidder’s bid to the current high bid.
- Bidder is responsible to ensure that Bidder is able to complete sale prior to bidding.
- Not all auction items will be at the Auctioneer’s warehouse near Fenn. Bidder is responsible to know the location of the auction items and the check-out times prior to bidding to ensure that Bidder is able to complete the sale.
- Pending Bids are bids that are placed that are not immediately put into effect. There are two reasons typically that would cause a bid to be pending:
- Bids over $1,000 are pending due to a setting the Auctioneer has chosen to prevent accidental and fake bids. Auctioneer will approve bid after making personal contact with Bidder.
- Bidders with negative Hibid scores (see section 4, iv, 1 for details) will find their bids are pending. Auctioneer may approve Bidder at Auctioneer’s discretion.
- Auctioneer will provide a minimum of one inspection period per auction event.
- Bidder is responsible to attend during announced inspection times. In the event the Bidder cannot, Bidder is responsible to make alternate arrangements, e.g. contacting Auctioneer with questions, sending a proxy to inspect auction items.
- Auctioneer will make statements of known defects. However, Auctioneer will not be aware of all defects, and cannot be held liable for unknown defects.
- Bidder is responsible to form own opinions of value, condition, or other factors that will affect his or her bid.
- Auctioneer will provide a basic description to aid Bidder, but this description shall not be binding in any way.
- Close of Auction & Invoices
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
- Refunds will only be issues in cases where Auctioneer or Seller cannot provide clear ownership documents, such as title or other applicable documents. In these cases, Auctioneer’s only liability is the bid, buyer’s premium, and any sales tax collected at the time of sale. Auctioneer will not be liable for any costs accrued after purchase, including but not limited to costs for repairs or maintenance.
- All invoices will be paid within 5 business days.
- Auctioneer accepts cash, check, and credit or debit cards as payment.
- Auctioneer reserves the right to require certified funds payments in certain instances which include but are not limited to previous check return or specific items or auctions. Certified Funds include cash, credit or debit cards, and cashier’s checks.
- Credit card or phone payments will be subject to a 4% additional buyer’s premium.
- Online payments are not currently accepted.
- Additional time may be granted on a case-by-case basis, but not to exceed 10 business days.
- Short-term storage of auction items is allowed, after invoice is paid. Short-term will be determined by the Auctioneer at time of request by Bidder.
- If invoices are not paid within the allowed time frame, Auctioneer will permanently decline Bidder, disallowing Bidder from bidding with Auctioneer in the future.
- Auctioneer is part of a nationwide network of auctioneers that use the Hibid biding platform. Hibid has developed a rating system for Bidders to protect auctioneers. Bidders accrue points anytime Bidder places bids and registers for auctions. Any time a bidder is permanently declined, the bidder loses 20 points. If a bidder has a negative score, he or she may not be able to bid with other auctioneers on the Hibid platform.
- If Bidder wishes to reinstate his or her bidding ability with Auctioneer, Bidder will pay Auctioneer lost commission on the unpaid invoice, including buyer’s premium and seller’s commission, plus $25 fee. This fee will be paid by Bidder prior to reinstatement.
- If Bidder allows a second invoice to go unpaid for more than 5 business days, the Bidder’s account will not be reinstated.
- In cases where the auction event takes place on location, Bidder is responsible to know when Bidder needs to pay his or her invoice. If Bidder does not pay or pick up his or her purchases within the allowed time frame, Auctioneer will permanently decline Bidder unless other arrangements are made within 5 business days of the auction closing.
- Bidder is responsible to contact Auctioneer and request shipping. Ideally, this will be done prior to auction closing, but can be done post-auction by replying to invoice email.
- Bidder will pay all shipping costs, including any additional insurance requested by Bidder. Shipping costs will be added to invoice, and Bidder will pay entire invoice prior to shipping.
- Auctioneer will package purchases to the best of Auctioneer’s ability. However, Auctioneer will not be responsible in case of shipping damage for any reason.
- No firearms will be shipped unless the buyer provides a copy of a valid Federal Firearms License.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for GoBidToday.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
In order to use this website, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
We may use "cookies" on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor's hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.